Skip to content
- Estimated number of homeless people sleeping outdoors and in emergency shelters is over 5,000 and steadily on the increase.
- The number of homeless citizens has increased two-fold since 2013.
- Over 30% of homeless people are living with mental health challenges and/or addiction issues.
- Over 16,000 people are waiting on the centralized waiting list for supportive housing in Toronto. More than 50% of these have no fixed address
- 21% increase in general hospital emergency visits by people with mental illness
- Shelter occupancy rates have been consistently over the capacity rate of 90%
- Affordability gap continues to expand