Statement of Commitment
Houselink supports the full inclusion of persons with disabilities and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will comply with the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Integrated Accessibility Regulation and Training
This multi-year plan 2014-2019 outlines the steps that will be used to prevent and remove barriers for persons with disabilities in providing services and in employment. The plan will be reviewed at least every five years. Annual status reports will be made available to the public.
Houselink will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training on the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, (IASA):
- Determine training required for various positions
- Provide training to all staff and volunteers about the requirements in the IASA as well as the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
- Keep a record of the training provided under this section, including the dates on which the training is provided and the number of individuals to whom it is provided
Timeline: underway, completion by January 1, 2015.
The Houselink Accessibility to Ontarians with Disabilities Customer Service Standards Policy outlines our commitment and compliance with the Customer Service Standard.
Information and Communications
Houselink is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities and will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Houselink provides its members with emergency information in an accessible way upon request.
Houselink’s website and content conforms with WCAG 2.0, Level A. Houselink will take steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
Houselink will ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015.
Houselink will ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016.
Timeline: underway and completion as noted above.
Houselink is committed to fair and accessible employment practices including:
- A Scent Free Policy to accommodate staff who report sensitivities to chemicals or scents.
- Return to Work policy,
- Procedures to develop and document individual accommodation plans,
- Workplace emergency response information for employees with disabilities when required
- Training on policies and procedures related to disability.
- Providing accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities and notifying the public and applicants of this on our website.
Houselink will take steps to ensure the IASR requirements are met including commitments to:
- Offer appropriate accommodation throughout employees careers in a way that best respects their dignity and supports their full inclusion and advancement.
- Accessible employment practices and policies to attract and retain employees with disabilities.
- Providing accommodation to employees with disabilities in a way that allows them to take part fully and meaningfully in the work of the organization, in a way that best respects their dignity.
Timeline: underway completion by January 1, 2016
Houselink will take steps to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility that are identified through:
- an organizational assessment to assist in further developing an effective plan,
- feedback from employees, volunteers, clients and people with disabilities about existing barriers to accessibility.
- Ensuring compliance on any new design, development or major renovation to our properties with the built environment standard by January 1, 2015.
Timeline: underway completion as noted.
Feedback can be submitted on-line, through the website, by email, in writing by fax or mail, or by telephone.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact: Manager of Human Resources and Administration.
Houselink Community Homes
805 Bloor St West
Phone: 416 539-0690416 539-0690 ext 248