The health and wellbeing of our tenants and staff continue to be our number one priority. We are continuing to monitor Health Canada, the Ministry of Health, Toronto Public Health and other partners as we make decisions to address the rapidly changing landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented time.
Essential services to our tenants are continuing. However, we are following the advice of public health officials and prioritizing our work to ensure everyone around us remains healthy:
- All non-essential meetings, tenant gatherings and contacts have been cancelled, and non-urgent repairs are being deferred.
- Participants have been provided care packages with information about the virus, and food packages to ensure no one goes hungry
- Cleaning efforts have intensified in every building.
- Screening efforts before face-to-face contact are in place to help reduce the spread of the virus.
- We are asking visitors not to enter our buildings, unless it is essential. We encourage them to find other ways to connect with our participants other than face-to-face.
We encourage everyone to follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health, along with other health professionals to prevent the spread of this virus in our community. If anyone is feeling unwell, click here for a self-assessment tool.
We know this pandemic is causing stress for participants, staff and our communities. Participants can call our office any time if they need support. We will continue to update and share any changes to our processes and procedures.