We create many opportunities to give participants a voice in Houselink decisions and promote increased involvement in society at-large.
- All Houselink residents are participants. They elect Houselink’s Board of Directors and approve by-law changes. Half of Houselink’s Board use Houselink’s services.
- The Member Advisory Forum is a monthly meeting to discuss issues of common concern. A steering committee plans the agenda, a member chairs the meeting, and senior staff are invited to provide information and hear ideas.
- Recovery and Wellness Action Plans enable participants to set personal goals and have direct control over their recovery.
- A Social Issues Committee looks at issues such as access to ODSP and Ontario Works and Credit and Collections.
- Workshops offer training on WHMIS, First Aid and other topics of interest.
- We encourage participants to speak and participate at conferences by paying conference fees, transportation and speakers’ honoraria.
Are you interested in one of these opportunities or in becoming a voting member of Houselink?
We encourage all participants to follow up with Houselink support staff for more information about these opportunities.